Southern Methodist University - Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering, (BSEE) 1972.
Motorola Executive Development Management Program 1978-1981, Graduate, 1981. (MBA Equivalent)
LICENSES AND ORGANIZATIONS
Registered Professional Engineer - Texas
FCC Second Class Radiotelephone Operators License 1966-1968.
FCC First Class Radiotelephone Operators License, 1968-1985.
FCC General Radiotelephone Operators License (GROL), 1985-Present.
Wrote 25% of current FCC GROL test.
FCC Amateur Radio Extra Class license WA5GXP issued 1963.
Valid U.S. Passport
Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) – Life Senior Member
Senior Certified Electronics Technician – Electronics Technicians Association – International
Board of Directors (ETA-International) October 2008 –present. Currently hold position
Chairman of the Board (January 2017 through December 2018)
Certified Administrator – ETA International – 2008 to present
Associated Public Safety Communications Officers – Commercial Member
Enterprise Wireless Alliance - Member
March 1982 to present - INDEPENDENT TECHNICAL CONSULTANT.
As an independent consultant, I have worked on many various projects over the period of years that I have been self-employed. I have hundreds of satisfied clients all over the United States. Some of the specific projects that I have worked on in the recent time have included:
• Jo Daviess County, Illinois – Designed county wide radio system for all public safety agencies in Jo Daviess County, including 8 site simulcast radio paging system.
• Grant County, Wisconsin – Designed wide area voting radio system for large geographical area where normal single site radio system was not adequately covering jurisdiction. This included sheriff and fire radio channels, with expansion plans for all public safety agencies in county.
• Designed Distributed Antenna System two-way radio system to provide radio coverage to a large multi-story, multi-building campus for the security and engineering groups of a major commercial company’s new 1.5 million square foot headquarters building.
• NASA – Designed and installed new radio paging system for NASA at the White Sands Testing Facility near Las Cruces New Mexico that covers the entire area for NASA, US Border Patrol, and the FAA for these agencies.
• University of Alabama at Birmingham – Design one of the largest BDA systems in the state of Alabama that covers 11 floors, 5 bands [VHF, UHF, 800 MHz trunking, 800 MHz cellular, and 900 MHz paging] and uses RF and Fiber Optic converters to distribute the signal throughout the building.
• US Navy – Designed, Furnished, and Installed new radio room for top secret radio communications center at AUTEC facility on Andros Island, Bahamas.